Network and topical knowledge
- Basic networking fundamentals
- Networks and layers
- Network communication
- Network devices
- Server basics
- Basic file-serving knowledge
- Directory services fundamentals
- These prerequisites can be met by studying the same training courses or technical books that will prepare you to take the CompTIA Network+ and i-Net+ exams.
- What is a SAN, What's new in Xsan 2
- Xsan 2 Components, Xsan 2 Connections, MDC & Client Configuration, RAID Configuration, Configuring the SAN and Xsan 2 Volumes.
- Access Controls, Quotas, Home Folders & Xsan 2
- Volume Configuration, Advanced Settings, Performance Tuning, Growing the SAN, Affinities
Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Xsan Command LIne Tools, Failover, Startup & Shutdown Process
- Defining the Requirements, Designing the Deployment